1. Enable Search engine visibility
Settings – Reading section of the wp-admin.
2. Optimize WordPress permalinks for onpage SEO
Permalinks are used to define how WordPress links – URL structures are displayed
3. Make Sitemap available
4. Sign up to (Google Web Master Tools) Google Search Console (GSC) &Bing Webmaster Tools (BWT)
Provides you with various SEO insight about the condition of your site, the indexation status, the issues found, and loads of other useful info
5. Use a website traffic analytics tool
If you’re going to do anything with WordPress onpage SEO, you need to monitor your traffic on a regular basis.
Google Analytics is one of the best & Free.
6. Make sure your site is responsive and mobile-friendly
Google has announced that they are favouring mobile optimised sites.
7. Improve your site speed
Site speed has strong connection with page ranking.
Depends on various parameters including hosting server performance
Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
8. Optimise title, description & keywords
Yoast SEO & All in one SEO plugins
9. Page content optimisation
WordPress onpage SEO using H1 & H2 headings tags
Mention your keyword in the URL. Interlink the content
Link to authority websites.
Alt Text for images
Include a keyword in the first paragraph
Keyword density still matters(0.5-2)
Use related keywords
social shares options for the blog/page